Thursday, February 26, 2009

Time's a Wastin'!

Good morning. It's a gray day here, but fairly mild, temperature wise. Melinda the weather lady says it's going to rain tonight, and my sinuses will concur with her prediction.

Since I'm home with a whiney...oops, I mean sick...child, I decided to make good use of my time and browse from some brunch recipes. Now, I could, of course, foolishly use my time doing laundry, cleaning house, or doing paperwork, but I'm not made that way. I like to be wise in my time management, and Easter is only 6 weeks away, so it's high time to get some menus made, tablescapes planned and lists prepared. Only 6 weeks, people! It's practically urgent.

So, anyway, in my browsing and surfing, I found a new-to-me site that is packed with breakfast and brunch menus and recipes. I haven't finished exploring it yet, but every recipe or menu that I've read sounds good, simple, not too expensive and easy to make with on-hand items. Check out Breakfast-and-Brunch-Recipes.com for your own Easter or Sunday brunch menu. Or, heck, why not a Tuesday brunch. Or Friday. Why wait until Sunday?

As for me and my house, we'll be having our Easter brunch on Saturday before Easter. That way it can be a relaxed and fun affair, with no hurry to get home from church and bake the rolls or hurry off to church for evening services. Stay tuned for more of my 6 week Easter countdown plans. Ginger over at Magical Holiday Home has it all planned for us-doesn't she always?

I found some new sites and blogs that I'll also be sharing in the upcoming days. I love finding new sites that are useful and fun. There's lots of creative folks out there. In the meantime, check out Susan's offerings for Tablescape Tuesday. Pretty stuff all over the web!

I have to go do laundry and clean the house and do paperwork...I've had enough serious work for one morning. Off to do the trivial stuff!

Later!
Cathy

No comments: