Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentine's Day will be here in a week. Do you decorate for the heart holiday? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. A couple of years ago, I did. I used my favorite black and white checked ribbon to make bows on red and white heart shaped paper doilies..then tied them on a pine wreath on my front door.


I stuck some more doilies on the mantle in the yellow berry garland I had there...with the "heart" banner I made-my very first one!

And I used them on my year round tree, making it into a Valentine's tree!


This year, I haven't decorated at all. I did place some of my white dishes on top of the corner china cabinet and leave the red berry and pine garland from Christmas to light it up. I will show you some pictures of that later. I like the way it looks...sort of festive, but not so much that my family makes fun of me.
I have another blog for you to check out. It's a new one to me, and boy, is it fun!! It's called Visual Vamp. The owner has lots of pretty pictures. You know I've gotta love a blogger who has her own tiara/crown/diadem collection!! Hope over and join the carnival!
We might get more snow Monday night! I would love to see one more "event" and then I think I'll be ready for spring. I have lots of plans for my yard that I'll be sharing soon!
Until then,
Cathy

3 comments:

Aggy said...

Cathy I love what you did for Valentine's Day. I don't decorate anymore. I especially love how you were able to use the red birds and berry garland.

happeningswithLana said...

Cute wreath and tree!

Selina said...

Hey Cathy, loved your blog tonight and the Valeninte wreath is wonderful.