Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ladies' Christmas Brunch





I attended the funnest thing yesterday-a Ladies' Christmas Brunch. I went with my sister in law Kim. It was at her church and it was really nice. All of the tables were decorated by the "hostess" at the table. Everyone used their Christmas dishes and pretty stemware and flatware. One lady used her wedding china-and she's been married 50 years. It was beautiful-silver and white china on a white tablecloth, with red chargers and napkins in the crystal glasses. So Christmasy!

We used my Christmas dishes on a green tablecloth, and put my wedding chapel from my Snow Village on a cake plate as a centerpiece. I thought it looked pretty. I love that piece of the village, and the Christmas dishes are a special treat to use. They belonged to my mother in law, and she gave them to me before she passed away. We use them from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Day, then we switch to snowmen, which we use until Valentines' Day.

The food at the brunch was yummy, especially the chocolate fountain! I dipped pretzel twists, cherries and strawberries. It was yummy! In addition to delicious food, we had pretty music and a great speaker.

It was just the thing to get me back in a Christmas mood and on the ball toward getting projects started and finished. I love Christmas, but I've had a hard time getting things done this year.

I hope I get invited back next year!

3 comments:

Bebe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bebe said...

Hi Cathy!
Sorry about the previous post-I'm still getting the hang of comment posting and I think I hit the wrong button. Loved looking at your wonderful Christmas blog ~ it really sets the mood for the season! I know you must have had a nice time at the ladies dinner; the place settings are so pretty and festive.
Blissfully, Bebe :)

MARGE said...

I love reading your blog, Cathy
The tables look so nice. I agree with you about the Christmas sweaters.
Sounds like you are having fun.