Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Out of the blue-counting my blessings!


Because I am finding myself in a big, fat blue funk today, I've decided to move my central operations (that means my computer, cell phone and coffee cup) to the back porch, trying to let the chilly autumn breeze blow away the cobwebs and nastiness that is residing in my brain. I have so much to be thankful for. First, of course, is the motley crew above...my boys!! Thank You, God!

Our screened in back porch, which 11 years ago we only dreamed of having. It's not finished, still needs to be painted and of course you KNOW I'll be redecorating and fluffing it some more, but it's sittable..workable..comfortable..and it's ours! Thank You, God!

For a teenager, Jacob is such a good boy-he's very easy to get along with, agreeable to most things and has surrendered his life to serving God in the ministry. How much better than that could a 16 year old boy be?? Thank You, God!


Benjie and Jonah are good kids, too, despite the mud they insist on tracking into the house. And, they are best friends with their cousins, Makayla and Conner. Conner was not here when this picture was taken, but I'll find one of him and post it soon. I am so happy that my boys have first cousins two houses down the street-how cool is that?? Thank You, God!

And we have food to eat! Every thing on this plate came from Lynn's garden-tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers and peppers! Thank You, God!

And we have a warm, comfortable house to live in. It's not very big, and it's not at all fancy, but it sits on family land that is not mortgaged, the house payment itself is manageable most months and it keeps us warm and dry in the winter, sheltered all year round and cool in the summer. And, we have an outdoor firepit! I've always wanted one of those!! Thank You, God!
I feel better already!!
Later!
Cathy















1 comment:

happeningswithLana said...

You got a nice looking bunch of guys in that picture! Firepit would be nice to have.