Saturday, November 15, 2008

November Family Breakfast

We had our monthly family breakfast this morning. It was a cold, crisp fall day, and it was a perfect day for gathering in a warm kitchen. And it was warm in my kitchen!

I set up a tray with glass mugs, apple slices and cinnamon sticks for those who chose a cup of warm spiced apple cider to warm up with. Here's the tray, minus the apple slices..they were still stashed in the fridge when I took this picture.



Here's my cup of spiced apple cider...it was really good.

This is the table before it was occupied. I used my new turkey gravy boat, my little pumpkin with a gold ribbon tied around the stem and the amber hurricane globe with wheat sheaves you've seen before. I put a little burlap under it all to make it feel a little rustic.
We had the usual menu-bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes and sausage, with orange/cranberry and blueberry muffins available as well. I had coffee, tea, hot chocolate and of course the cider for beverages.
We had a really good time. Every left to go do fun stuff and we just chilled a while at the house.
We'll be getting together again in December...what do you think would be a good theme for the December breakfast?
Later!
Cathy



No comments: