Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Catching up!

I was scolded twice over the Thanksgiving holiday for not updating my blog more often. Nice to know that someone is reading it!! Ok, Michael and Becki, I'll try to do better!

We had a good, peaceful holiday. We had a wonderful start to the Christmas season-Benjie was saved on the Sunday before Thanksgiving and joined the church on the Sunday after Thanksgiving! Praise the Lord! I woke up Sunday with a pinched nerve (self-diagnosed) in my neck and was not able to attend church that day. I was sorry to miss it!

I am currently trying to get the house decorated for Christmas, but have been slowed considerably by my neck problems. I have managed to get one small tree put up in the kitchen, but had planned to be almost done by now. Today I'm putting the snow villages up, but not as I'd planned. I had planned to put the big village on top of the cabinets, but now I'll put them in the "chicken coop"-a small yard sale find that normally houses 6 or 8 chickens and roosters. I don't think I'm quite up to climbing on top of the counters to put it on top of the cabinets!

I love the tree I have managed to get put up. It's a 4' white tree with white lights, red and white balls and black satin ribbons. I'm adding in black and white checked bows and redbirds. I think it's coming together nicely.

Benjie and Jonah will each have their own trees this year. Benjie wants (here's a big shock) John Deere and Jonah has finally settled on a red and white football tree. That should be easy enough to put together.

Jacob has his Coca-Cola tree-small tree with white lights and Coke cans tied to it with red curling ribbons! It's really cute.

Our room is going romantic/Victorian/French Country! I'll post pictures here and on my Photobucket account as soon as it's all done.

We'll be using multicolored lights outside-but that's a job for Mr. Miller!! I'm not allowed to climb ladders-Lynn's rule!

I love this time of year. I hope to be able to do several things this year that we have always planned, but never got around to!! Tomorrow, I'll post a list of activities that we want to do this year! Maybe some of you will get some inspiration or have suggestions or advice on other things to do that we haven't thought of!

Until tomorrow!!

No comments: