Here's a list of things we want to do this holiday season. Some of the things we do every year, and some are things we've always wanted to do and never seem to get around to doing.
1. Jingle bell journey-send the kids to bed at the regular time...then sneak into the kitchen and pack some snacks and thermos of hot chocolate to take with us...get the kids up and wrap them in warm blankets...hop in the van and tour the city looking at Christmas lights!
2. Ice skating at the outdoor (temporary) rink at Hot Springs-we'll try to do this on our way home from Becki's Christmas party on December 22.
3. Our town Christmas parade and visit Santa in the gazebo. I take a thermos of hot chocolate for the kids and coffee for Lynn and me and make everyone wear Santa hats and ring jingle bells.
4. Caroling party. I'll be posting details about this later. I think this would be great fun. Our family used to do this on Christmas Eve and it was lots of fun.
5. Shopping trips-I want to try to take the boys one at a time shopping for the other two, then out to lunch or ice cream. I don't really know when we'll fit this in our schedule, but I'd really like to do this again this year. We do it at school clothes buying time, and they seem to really like it. I already have gifts for Benjie and Jonah from Jacob, so maybe we'll just go to a movie instead of shopping on his day!!
That's all I can think of today, but I'll be adding to this and hopefully checking some things off as we go!!
Weekly words to live by.
12 hours ago