Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Notes and Beyond!

We had a small but mighty crowd for Easter lunch! We had about 14-I had planned on 30, so we have lots of barbeque left! It was pretty tasty, and just right for a cool but sunny day...the kids hid and rehid eggs all afternoon!

We had a good visit with our guests and then just chilled the rest of the afternoon. Our chilling out included watching a baseball game on tv-the first of the pre-season for us! Since TBS has decided that Atlanta Brave baseball is not going to be part of their summer programming, we haven't settled on a regular team to watch. We watched Kansas City and the Chicago White Soxs yesterday...KC won. It just wasn't the same with no Chipper or Andruw to watch. Sigh.

I am ready for spring, and have many projects I want to complete before the boys are out of school for the summer. They are on spring break this week, so I'm sure most of my cleaning projects will take a back seat to having fun this week! Lynn left instructions this morning for the back porch to be cleared and cleaned, and I have a mountain of laundry to do, as usual for Monday morning! Yet, I'm on the computer telling you what I need to be doing! Much more fun than actually doing it!!

I am planning a Bridal Brunch for my nephew's fiancee, Melissa. Details will be forth-coming, but my plan is to go all out and make it as fabulous as my limited abilities will allow! I LOVE THIS STUFF!! I have gotten much, much inspiration from Tracey on her blog, so you should check it out. She just finished planning a wedding for her third child in one year! That's a lot of nuptuials! The most recent was black and white, which is what our bride and groom have chosen as their colors! I think it will be so elegant and pretty! I am loving this-a spring wedding is hard to beat!

Keep checking in for party plans here and menu plans over at Dinner

But for now...laundry awaits!!

See ya!
Cathy

3 comments:

BloggyMom said...

Black and white wedding how very elegant!!

MARGE said...

I agree with carrie it sounds beautiful. I clicked on the link for Trcey but it said blog not found.
Have fun with all the planning
I saw where Ark was in the basketball March Madness.

Mrs. B said...

Hi Cathy. Fellow Magical Holiday Home member here. I just wanted to say hi. Your link to Notes from a Cottage Industry isn't working, but I knew just who you were talking about. She does have such great ideas!