Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cute clipboards

Over at Magical Holiday Home Ginger is hosting a month long "Christmas in July" Extravaganza! She has great threads going on the message boards about cookies of the week, crafts and other fun things to do in our continuing effort to get ready for Christmas before the holidays hit, so that we can actually ENJOY the holidays. Novel thought, isn't it? I have actually tried to do this for many years, but recently, since I've discovered Organized Christmas and then with the creation of MHH, I've gotten much better. However, I still can't hold a candle to most of those Christmas crazies! Some of them are actually done with their holiday shopping. FOR 2008!! My hat goes off to those who on the ball! I actually don't like to begin my prep until June or July, and begin shopping in earnest in late August, after school starts back. The sales are great then, and I have a better idea of what the kids want that year, plus most of our birthdays are over by then. I do pick up things all year long for gifts, but I really don't get serious until school starts back.

Ok, having said all of that...one of the fun crafts that will be offered in July is altered cllpboards. I actually did some of these for end-of-the-year teacher gifts for the boys' teachers. I had a good time doing it! Here's a picture of the finished product. The ziplock bags are filled with Hershey's Hugs and Hershey's Kisses...what else!!



I'll be making more...coming to a stocking near year this Christmas!!

Later!
Cathy

No comments: