Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Vision

I have accomplished exactly nothing on my bedroom project. And, it's not just because I'm lazy, either...it's even worse than that. It's because I have not gotten A Vision in my mind of what I want to do in there. Every project I complete successfully starts with A Vision. I get it in my mind first...I usually can picture something long before I can complete it. On this project, I have no Vision. I can't see it yet. I will...it'll come...just not yet. I want this to be a total overhaul, so I'm not rushing into it. We've lived in it like it is for several years, a few more weeks won't make much difference!!

Here's a few things I KNOW that I want to incorporate in the room:

I want it to be comfortable, first and foremost. I want a new mattress for our bed, or at the very least one of those feather bed mattress covers. That would work. I want to elevate the bed a few inches, making it seem much larger than it really is...plus giving me much needed storage space underneath. I want luxurious bedding on it...fine sheets, my well worn and loved quilts, layered bedskirts and a down-filled comforter. I want window treatments dripping with beaded trim, lace and lux fabrics. I want a comfortable chair where I can sit and put my feet up to read, watch tv or just relax in a quite spot. It must have a good lamp, but it must be a good, pretty lamp...the one I have in there will work with some jazzing up. I want painted floors with beautiful rugs on it. I want special, personalized art work...wall art that says things like "Always kiss me goodnight" and "happily ever after" and mushy things like that. I want the satellite receiver in there to actually work. I want a stereo system that can play more than one cd at a time. I want big, soft, fluffy pillows to sink into on the bed and in the reading chair...

I really like this look.

And I like this

And I like this...

Well! Maybe I do have a bit of a vision after all. I'm going to spend some more time thinking about this, then I'll try to make a budget and an action plan. This was a good brainstorming session!!

No comments: