Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Musings

It's Labor Day, the unofficial end of summer, and I couldn't be happier! Those of you who know me well know that I am a FALL kind of girl...I don't like hot weather and I don't like to sweat. I don't like bugs or flies or mosquitoes or any of those flying things except maybe fireflies and butterflies...and I sure don't like walking out of the house into sauna conditions of 90% humidity. But I do like nice cool, crisp mornings, warm afternoons and and cool nights. I love pumpkins and pretty fall leaves, I'm a football freak and I just love the smells of woodsmoke in the air, apple cider in the crockpot and a good roast in the oven! Bring on the fall festivities!

But first we have to get through the effects of Hurricane Gustav...heavy rain and winds predicted for Arkansas this week. I hope everyone stays safe and dry. I'm praying for those folks in Louisiana who are predicted to get slammed again.

We have a busy fall coming up. Jonah is determined he's going to play soccer (note to self: get him signed up this week-last chance!!) and we like to attend as many BHS football games as we can. Jacob is a very social being these days and always has things going on, so that keeps us busy as well. You might not know this about me, but I love to entertain, and fall is my favorite time to throw open our home and invite friends and family in.

Here's a small update of September events at the Hamlet:
Sept 8-Big Jewels by Park Lane party here-my Grand Re-Opening event!
Sept 11-Bunco here
Sept 13 -Arkansas vs. Texas football game watch party (details coming soon!)
Sept 20-Monthly Family breakfast

I think that's everything on the calendar for September, but if I think of something else I can squeeze in, you'll be the first to know!!


Later!
Cathy

PS-don't forget to stop by tomorrow for Tablescape Tuesday!!

No comments: