Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Christmas Countdown Begins!!

All of you who know me personally or read my blog often know that I just LOVE to count down things! If someone else hasn't organized a countdown for an event, I just create my own. Fortunately, the creative CEO from Organized Christmas did the work for me on this one, and she did it 10 years ago! Check out the Christmas Countdown and see if it will work for you. It is a 6 week comprehensive plan to get organized and ready for the holidays, to allow a stress free celebration. I like how she breaks things down into weekly chores and allows plenty of time to deal with real life situations that we all know crop up here and there. I hope you can use it!

As you can tell by the name of this blog and the number of holiday planning blogs I have, I just love the holidays. I am big on celebrating and get teased often about it, but that's ok. I am a big girl and I can handle it! Bring it!

I am excited about the upcoming holidays. By necessity, we are going to have to have a simpler holiday than we've had in the past. But I am not sure that that's a bad thing. I want my kids to understand the true meaning of Christmas (and they do..but it never hurts to keep that the main focus!) and to understand the importance of doing things for others. They really are sweet, loving boys, and I want them to remain that way.

I do love to decorate for the holidays, but this year I've set a goal to keep it simple and festive, and to use what I have rather than purchasing new things. The one thing I am going to have to purchase is a new tree...the one that I've used in the past is long past it's prime and we had to wire it together the last time we used it. Last year we had a fresh tree and may do the same this year. If not, I'll have to purchase a faux one.

Are you thinking about the holidays yet? What do you have planned?

Later!
Cathy

No comments: