Saturday, October 11, 2008

October update

Since I've gotten so bad about posting (and have been taken to task about it more than once lately), I thought I'd take a minute this morning and do a catch up post! Then, I HAVE to do some housework...well, I SHOULD do some!

Everything is ok, just kind of crazy around here. I am working, Lynn is picking up stuff here and there to do and the boys are going to school. I know it doesn't sound like much, but after the laid-back summer we had, it seems like everything has exploded around here.

I am working on plans for the Boo!Bash2. Since our budget has tightened considerably lately (and I understand that everyones' has, too) we are making some minor changes to the party plans. Check out Haunted Hamlet for those details. I think it's going to be loads of fun, and I do think it's important to keep things as normal as possible for the kids in these crazy times. They have looked forward to this all summer, so we're doing it!

I'm already excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas, as well. I think we may really get back to the true meaning of the holidays this year...there certainly won't be any big extravagant gifts or parties around here, but we will have a few gatherings with family and close friends. Again, I think it's important to remain bonded to our loved ones during times of uncertainty, don't you?

I am trying to decorate with what I have and not buy anything if I can avoid it. I'd rather put my limited funds toward the food. Hurricane Gustav washed away all the hay and pumpkins that I'd planned to use, so we'll just have to make due without them!

I'll be visiting flea markets and such for Christmas gift ideas in the next few weeks, and I'll TRY to post pictures of my finds...

Have a great Saturday. The weather here is sunny and warm, with cooler evenings. Just the way it should be in October in Arkansas!!

Later!
Cathy

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hey Girl...long time ...no talk...things are busy but settling some....i tagged you over at Ginger's Journey if you want to participate!

http://gingersjourney.blogspot.com/