This is Josh and Sarah, my niece and nephew, at the Boo!Bash2. Cuties, huh? They also have another brother, Wade, but since he didn't show up...I have no current photos of him. See what happens when you don't come to family events??
I think I'm finally settling down into a routine, what with this working nonsense and all. I am so blessed to be able to set my own schedule (to a degree) and since I don't get paid when I'm not actually seeing kids, it only makes sense to be at work only when I can do things to get paid for. I'm sorry if that only makes sense to me, but I know what I mean!
What that means is I have a little time to get things done at the house before I go to work after everyone else leaves, and then after work before everyone else gets home. See how nicely that works out for me? It may not always be this way, so I've learned to live in the moment and enjoy what I have. OK, maybe it's more correct (correcter?) to say that "I'm learning" rather than "I've learned"...
So today I'm making a list of things I'd like to get done in the house before Thanksgiving. Lynn and I host the Miller family on the Saturday after Thanksgiving for the family gathering. We have around 20 or so usually...and maybe this year we might actually get around to having dessert on the back porch, as I've planned for the past 3 years but have never actually pulled off. Sigh.
I want to:
1. Paint the front porch. Gray porch, black rails, shutters and front door.
2. Paint the back and side porches. Same gray as front porch. Paint the back door black.
3. Paint the boys'/hallway bathroom. Cream colored.
4. New accessories for above mentioned bathroom. I have several items that I'll be repurposing to use in there, so it's not going to be too terribly expensive.
5. Re-purpose said items. This involves some painting and possibly a little glittering..oh, yes!
6. Move some furniture around to make things more functional. This will involve some help from the menfolk, so will likely be done on a weekend.
I already have an idea of what I'm going to do for the Thanksgiving table. That, however, is going to be a surprise! Stay tuned for progress notes...or lack of progress notes!
Did you notice how many items involve painting? Does anyone know a good painter? Thank the Sweet Lord, my painter is busy painting for people who pay him to paint! YAY!! So I may have to do the painting myself. Tee hee! My painter usually says he'd rather paint it himself than fix my mess ups. We'll see how this plays out...usually just the threat that I'm going to paint gets him going! That is a little sneaky, but hey-he is the one that created that little situation!
Now, if I can just get off this computer, I have time to unload/reload the dishwasher and start a load of laundry before I head to work. Oh, joy!