Wednesday, April 9, 2008

And the rain just keeps coming...

...we are getting pounded again today. I can't believe how much rain we've gotten over the past few weeks. The forecast for tomorrow is more storms and tornado producing type ones at that.

We rode out the last round of tornadoes at Mom's house. We live in a manufactured home (please DO NOT call my house a trailer or even a mobile home...I can call us "Trailer Trash" but you MAY NOT) so we tuck tails and run when the wind starts whipping around at 60+ mph. We headed up the hill and settled into her hallway with pillows and blankets and scared little boys. I spent my time running back and forth between the boys and Mom and Lynn standing on the front porch keeping their eyes peeled. When the tornado went over the house, we actually heard it rather than saw it because it was "rain wrapped" as the weather people kept telling us. Of course, the satellite was out, so we were watching grainy old regular TV during all this...I did jump on the Internet and get some live streaming weather...but it was up and down as well.

I kept thinking "If I only knew what was coming, I'd feel better". In hindsight, I realize how ridiculous that is...of course we'd feel better if we knew what was coming, but how would we learn to deal with emergencies and unnatural natural disasters? We actually would spend more time fretting over what we KNEW was coming rather than dealing with the situation as it happened. I guess there's a lesson to be learned, even in tornadoes and no satellite.

The areas of our county and city that were hit were hit pretty hard...my heart goes out to those folks, and my prayers are with them. I can't imagine losing everything you own in a matter of seconds, but I do know that whatever happens, God is in control and will get us through it. That security even makes tornadoes and no satellite a little easier to bear!

Here's hoping we see another one of these soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.