Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!!

Now, I'm the first to admit that I love a good rainy day, and a rainy day that I can stay in with a good book, warm fire, hot coffee and sweet milk chocolate is even better! HOWEVER-enough is enough! I'm not kidding-we are floating around here! It has rained so much that even the kids are tired of mud. That's a lot of rain, people!

We are planning a spring retreat for the youth group at chuch, including camping out and a float trip. Someone said that they hoped the water wouldn't be too low, and I had to laugh. I said I thought we'd be good on that account!

Now, I have to admit the older I get the less appealing camping out and floating the river is. I really would rather spend the weekend in a cushy resort with room service, but ka sara, sara! I'm sure we'll have a great time-they really are a great bunch of kids, even if a certain portion of them are...ahem...high spirited!

Lynn, on the other hand, can't wait. He's a river rat from way back, so he feels like he's going to be teaching our three boys part of what he thinks they need to know. Whatever.

Now, you need to understand, I'm also a water baby, but I like my water clear and deep-like in a colorinated pool or at the least a lake. Rivers ain't my thing. I don't mind camping, and actually it's not really camping-we'll be in cabins with facilities-including the flush kind. Most important. I really don't even mind camping in a tent as long as: a. it's not too hot; b. it's not too cold; c. there is electricity close enough to run an extension cord so that I can have coffee; d. there is a bathroom I can flush close by and e. there are showers. Now is that really too much to ask? I think not!!


I'll certainly keep you posted as this adventure unfolds. I'm trying to think of some fun things to do while we're there...I sure Jonathan, our youth pastor, will be full of great ideas! He's a prize, and so is his precious wife, Mandi.

Gotta go float some boats in the puddles in my yard! OK, not really, but I could if I wanted to...there's plenty of water!

Later!
Cathy

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I agree with you I'm tired of the rain. Let the Mississippi go back in it's banks. Also prefer camping your way-in a cabin lol. Enjoy your trip.