Friday, July 25, 2008

A little sneak peek...

I know that you all probably think I'm fabricating the master suite redo! I really have been working on it, in bits and pieces. Without going into too many details, it was really cluttered and needed a lot of de-cluttering to get it to the point that I could clean! So, slooowwwllly but surely, it's cleared and cleaned...and getting redecorated! Mom and I are working on it faithfully...she's my seamstress, you know! She's currently making curtains for the windows, so today we should be able to get the window treatments finished and then I'll just need to shop flea markets and antique shops for a few little accessories...wall art, etc. So, just to prove that I'm really working on it, a few little sneak peeks!



These are the main fabrics, lying on the quilt that is the bedspread...I love it, and couldn't see changing it! The toile is the curtain fabric, the checked (you know I'm nuts about checks!) is the valance fabric and the solid red will be the bed skirt fabric. See that little square of ticking in the left corner under the solid and the checked? That's my third pattern...it'll be accessories, like pillows, etc...

This is a little vignette in the bathroom...it's almost done. I need to get some new rugs, some poster putty to hang the posters, which will eventually be framed. Lynn is going to make me some really cool frames, just hasn't had time yet. Soon, though. The walls in the bathroom are a pale, lemony yellow...almost the color of Yoplait Banana Cream Pie yogurt! I love it. I just adore red and yellow together. The neutral walls in both rooms are serving as a good backdrop to the pops of red through-out both rooms. Don't you just love the little bunny peeking out of the basket of ivy? He's part of my new "concrete" bunny collection...




Here's a view of the tub...as I mentioned, the poster are going on the wall this afternoon, after I pick up some poster putty at the store. Won't they look fabulous in a wide frame, white with gold dry brushing? Aren't they fabulous anyway? They were a birthday gift from Mom last year! In case you can't tell, the one on the right is a picture taken from under the Eiffel Tower, looking up! Cool, huh?




A small reading lamp in my cozy reading corner, before....




And after...almost...one more picture to come, after another little fru-fruing session this afternoon!!
Stay tuned...more good stuff coming!
Later!
Cathy





















No comments: