Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Progress in Baby Steps

I am making progress, but it's baby step progress. I am still in the clearing and cleaning mode. I had to go purchase more hangers for the closet and more Space Bags for out of season clothes.

I have made a decision on the bedding..I'm using the cream and red patchwork quilt I already have, with the cream and red toile and checked curtains. I am loving it. I found enough toile to make throw pillows for the bed, and found another floral piece in the same reds in the closet! It'll be pillow covering as well. Now I just need to get some checked pillows made and a bedskirt made from solid red or cream and red ticking (my favorite idea) and be done with the bed.

I recently heard or read or maybe even dreamed that it's not recommended to hang things over your bed for safety's sake. That makes sense to me..so I think after we get it painted I'm going to stencil/stamp something on the wall. I have a flur de lis stamp that would be wonderful stamped on the finished wall. We'll see how that plays out.

I've also been busy working on Christmas in July projects, keeping the boys entertained and trying to stay cool. It's hard work.

Later!
Cathy

No comments: