Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday

Not a whole lot going on around here, just the usual laundry mountain climbing and raking a path through the house.

I'm kind of thinking about putting together a little gathering to celebrate Labor Day, but it'll have to be on Saturday, if I do. Lynn will be working on the actual day, and if we do something in the evening, it makes it hard for kids to get up for school the next day. I guess I could do it around 5 or so, though...now I'll need to get a list going for that!

I posted over at the Haunted Hamlet today about my list making compulsion and how my husband ridicules me over it...well, ridicules is a harsh word, but he does tease me a lot. Why can't men understand that list making is essential to good planning? I agree, I do go a bit over board, but you have to understand-I'm a list maker from way back, and old habits die hard. I do actually have lists of my lists. No kidding, and stop laughing. You'd think that someone that makes as many lists as I do would be better organized, wouldn't you? Not so!!

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I think I might do it if we do have a get together. I've been craving spinach dip lately for some weird reason, so this sounds really good. It's from Susan Branch's cookbook Vineyard Seasons, now out of print. I found mine on Amazon for a song, and have enjoyed it greatly.

Spinach Dip
(makes 2 cups)

1 10 oz package chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. mayo
1/2 c. minced red onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Combine all ingredients, mix well. Cover and chill.

Susan has a note on this saying she serves it with cut up fresh raw veggies and all kinds of crackers. Plain ol' Lays potato chips are also good with spinach dip! That's my note, not Susan's!

I'll let you know about the get together!

Later!
Cathy

No comments: