Monday, August 4, 2008

Camp!

Today Benjie and Jacob leave for church camp for a week. This is B's first time away from home, so I'm really glad that Jacob is going with him as a "sponsor". I was so impressed that he volunteered to do this, so that B wouldn't be so scared and homesick. They are both very excited. Benjie packed his own bag, and did a really good job, I must say. I asked him "did you get this or that" and it was always "yes, Mom".

Jonah is not old enough to go yet-you have to have completed the second grade-so he and I will have a week alone together. Pray for us.

I'm still a bit under the weather. I'm so glad I cancelled my trip last weekend. I would have been miserable on a plane and then in a huge crowd with this sinus infection. I spent most of the weekend taking it easy. It's bad stuff anytime, but on a 100+ degree day, it's downright miserable. I am a little better this morning, but my left eye is still quite red and swollen.

Today will be laundry/house cleaning day...a little of each. Jonah and I have to go to the grocery store and get things for dinner this week...he's requested "giant hot dogs", also known as smoked turkey sausages; "mac and cheese"; and "my favorite chicken" which is just chicken tenderloins grilled on the griddle with Italian dressing as a marinade. How easy is that?

What's going on in your world today?

Later!
Cathy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK so I have a feeling our boys are at the same camp...what are the chances that they will meet at the Bogg???

Cathy Miller said...

Jerusalem-how totally cool would that be! Yes, my boys are at the Bogg! Gotta love it August!!

Unknown said...

Ask them if they met a Wylie while they were there. He came home a night early with my in-laws who were at camp all week with him (my father-in-law was the registrar.) Apparently camp was really crowded and Wylie cheated by staying at the old-school motel with his GranPat, but he still had fun for his first year. Bet you can't wait to see your boys!