Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday Wanderings...

No news from camp! I guess no news is good news. I really didn't expect to hear from them Monday, but I thought they might call Tuesday. Jacob usually doesn't call home much when he's gone..he says it makes him homesick to call home. I'm sure they are having a blast at the Bogg!

Jonah and I have been having our own fun. We went to the dollar movie yesterday-saw Stuart Little 2-very cute movie. Then we went to the grocery store and then hung out at home all afternoon. Not much stirring around here in the 100 degree heat.

Speaking of misery, my cold is much better, but this eye thing is still going strong. I'm being treated for pink eye..but I'm not sure that's what it is. Whatever it is, it makes me remember why I'm not a fan of pink!

There's not a whole lot going on here today, either. Sorry this post is so, well, BORING!! I thought about deleting it, but I get fussed at when I don't post regularly, so...this is the consequence of me posting with nothing to post about.

I am working on some plans for the fall...details will be on the specialized blogs. But I'll give you a little sneaky peek at what's coming up at the Hamlet:

August 16 will be our monthly family breakfast. The theme will be "Back to School" and I plan to have the year-round tree decorated accordingly, along with a tablescape to match. The menu is almost always the same-scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and biscuits and gravy. Juice, coffee, tea and milk.

August 18-the best day next to Christmas and my birthday-SCHOOL STARTS!! Big girl's day out planned for that day-breakfast at Mimi's Cafe, shopping (window shopping, but, hey-it counts as shopping) at Garden Ridge, Hobby Lobby, Pier One and the mall...then home to make spaghetti and/or pizza for the First Day of School Celebration Dinner. Not sure who besides me will be celebrating, but I know I will for sure!

August 22-23 is our youth group Leaders' Retreat-I don't really know any details, but I know that it's not at my house, so it's a party for me!

August 23 (afternoon) is our big Fall Jewelry Launch Fashion Show! Chocolate, coffee and new, shiny, gorgeous, fabulous jewelry! How can you not want to attend that?

September 11 I have Bunco here at the Hamlet. Details on that will be following, no doubt!

And of course in between all the scheduled stuff we have all the usual things-church, soccer practice, work, school and homework...fun stuff!

So, obviously, a day or two here and there with nothing going on is NOT a bad thing!


Later!
Cathy

No comments: